- Quick Search
Today three of France's most prominent Black Metal bands are scheduled to release new material: Deathspell Omega, Merrimack and Blacklodge.
France have long since been established as one of the genre's most important and prolific countries, with countless bands producing some of the most original and high quality Black Metal albums of recent years. Today is a fine day for French Black Metal, with three of France's most prominent Black Metal bands releasing new material.
Deathspell Omega - Drought
First up, one of France's most well known Black Metal acts, Deathspell Omega, who are based in Poitiers and have been active since 1998, are set to release a new EP titled "Drought". As with all their studio recordings since 2004, Deathspell Omega once again counts with the collaboration of Finnish musician Mikko Aspa on vocals, who is known for owning the record label Northern Heritage Productions, as well as single-handedly originating his own Black Metal projects Clandestine Blaze and Stabat Mater, not to mention collaborating with countless other bands across Europe.
Together with Hasjarl on guitars and Khaos on bass, this is the same lineup that worked on Deathspell Omega's last two full length albums "Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum" and "Paracletus", both of which were highly praised.
Deathspell Omega - Drought will be released through record label Norma Evangelium Diaboli and is already available for online purchase via Amazon.com.
Merrimack - The Acausal Mass
Next up are Merrimack, who were founded way back in 1994 in Paris, and were relatively unknown outside of the underground scene until they released their 2006 album "Of Entropy and Life Denial". Their new album is titled The Acausal Mass, and was recorded at Necromorbus Studios in Stockholm during March 2012.
With the exception of guitarist and founding member Perversifier, Merrimack consists of a completely new line-up since the release of their previous album, "Grey Rigorism", in 2009, which unsurprisingly had a bit of trouble living up to it's predecessor's grandeur. With the new line-up featuring members from such revered Black Metal bands such as Antaeus, Corpus Christii and Vorkreist, "The Acausal Mass" will surely return them to widespread acclaim once more.
Merrimack - The Acausal Mass is being released via AFM Records and is now available on Amazon.com.
Blacklodge - MachinatioN
Last but not least, one of France's premier Industrial Black Metal acts, Blacklodge will release their fourth full length album titled MachinatioN. Blacklodge formed in 1998 in Villard-de-Lans. Curiously, vocalist and drummer Saint Vincent is currently Vorkreist's singer, and has collaborated previously with Merrimack as a live musician. Blacklodge are well known for their aggressive and somewhat misanthropic approach to Industrial Black Metal, with lyrical themes ranging from Satanism to drug use. If their previous albums are anything to go by, MachinatioN, which is being released through Season of Mist, will no doubt deliver.
Blacklodge - MachinatioN is also available for ordering from Amazon.com.
Buy Black Metal albums online
You can support us by ordering your albums (or anything else online) through our site's links.
We receive a small percentage for each sale, at no extra cost to you. Thank you.
- Changelog for update 0.23 (4)
- Changelog for update 0.22 (2)
- Changelog for update 0.21 (1)
- We're back! (Not) (5)
- Results in for favourite Black Metal scene poll (2)
- Changelog for update 0.20 (1)
- Changelog for update 0.19 (3)
- Google Chrome Extension for BBMA Searches (1)
- Changelog for update 0.18 (0)
- Search Engine Issues (Fixed) (1)
- Changelog for update 0.17 (6)
- Changelog for update 0.16 (2)
- A couple of changes (20)
- Major update (10)
- BBMA to be featured on Dark Radio Brazil (4)
- Protest against Antestor in Brazil (2)
- Handful of Hate - To Perdition (1)
- Handful of Hate - Gruesome Splendour (1)
- Handful of Hate - Adversus (1)
- The Ruins of Beverast - Rain Upon the Impure (50)
- The Ruins of Beverast - Exuvia (2)
- Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane (8)
- I Must Fall - From a Black Hateful Feeling (1)
- Endark the Brightness - Beheaded Society (2)
- Endark the Brightness - Cycle (3)
- Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (14)
- Nocturnal - Unholycraft (2)
- Moontower - Antichrist Supremacy Domain (1)
- Szron - The Purificating Flame of Annihilation (2)
- Mgła - Exercises in Futility (5)
Sign up to our newsletter
Get all the latest Black Metal news and updates delivered straight to your inbox. We send out the newsletter about once a month, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
The size of the fonts on BBMA is...
I visit BBMA primarily for...
When results are ordered by year, by default I prefer to see them ordered...