- Quick Search
Just a few words about a recent update and the status of the site. Also, a nice photo I just found on the internet.
Today marks one year since we last posted anything in our news section (which as it happens is nothing more than a timely coincidence). Despite the site's news section being left in a state of complete abandon for the last year due to time constraints and life in general, we have still been working occasionally on the site behind the scenes, adding new albums here and there, optimizing this and that, and doing general site maintenance, although most of our limited time has been spent sorting through all the album contributions which our users have been submitting, and preparing the mammoth task of adding them all as efficiently as possible to the database in one single update.
This task has finally been completed today, and we have now reached a grand total of 10,617 albums from 4,249 bands spanning 115 countries. With this milestone reached, looking back to our humble beginnings of just 100 albums (or even before that, when this site was nothing more than an empty folder on a laptop), we feel a great sense of achievement, and would like to thank each and every one of you who have contributed towards this.
On the other hand, it is unfortunate that due to a lack of available time we have been unable to provide you with the type of site we were aiming for from the start (regular news updates, album reviews, interviews and featured articles), however we still hope that you have been able to find our site useful in discovering great Black Metal albums to listen to, both new and old. This was, and still is, the primary objective of the site.
Last but not least, many thanks to everyone who has supported us over the years, with special mention to Haxer from Spain who provided us with some essential coding advice at the very beginning, Madbringer from Poland who single-handedly contributed more albums than everyone else combined, and Mattheus H. Guerra from Brazil who did a 10 part special dedicated to our site on his War Metal radio show based on our Top 100 Black Metal albums list (he is probably still waiting for us to post the podcast links. "Soon!"). Oh, and also a friendly Fuck You to Debemur Morti Productions for getting our YouTube channel banned back in the day!
Moving forward, as we focus on other things in life, the site will continue in a state of inactivity until further notice, although I'm guessing everyone is used to this by now.
Until next time...
Buy Black Metal albums online
Whenever you buy albums through our site's links, we receive a small percentage for every sale.
This helps us to stay online and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support!
- Changelog for update 0.23 (5)
- Changelog for update 0.22 (2)
- Changelog for update 0.21 (1)
- We're back! (Not) (5)
- Results in for favourite Black Metal scene poll (2)
- Changelog for update 0.20 (1)
- Changelog for update 0.19 (3)
- Google Chrome Extension for BBMA Searches (1)
- Changelog for update 0.18 (0)
- Search Engine Issues (Fixed) (1)
- Changelog for update 0.17 (6)
- Changelog for update 0.16 (2)
- A couple of changes (20)
- Major update (10)
- BBMA to be featured on Dark Radio Brazil (4)
- Etherpale - The Owl and the Mist (2)
- Implacable Chaos - The Uncharitable Hate (1)
- Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide (3)
- Infernal - Infernal (3)
- Deafheaven - Sunbather (1)
- Torment - Ad Meiorum Cthulhi Gloriam (1)
- Ur - R'lyeh (1)
- S.A.D - Naturaleza Suicida (1)
- Arvas - Black Satanic Mysticism (1)
- Norrhem - Vaienneet Voittajat (1)
- Fluisterwoud - Langs Galg En Rad (1)
- Funeris - The Exquisiteness of a Dreary Sight (1)
- In Lingua Mortua - Bellowing Sea - Racked by Tempest (1)
- Stríð - Thunderstorm (1)
- Abominism - Abominism (1)
Sign up to our newsletter
Get all the latest Black Metal news and updates delivered straight to your inbox. We send out the newsletter about once a month, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
The size of the fonts on BBMA is...
I visit BBMA primarily for...
When results are ordered by year, by default I prefer to see them ordered...