On this page
Norwegian Black Metal band Vreid are scheduled to release their upcoming full length album, titled "Welcome Farewell", on the 22nd of February through Norwegian label Indie Recordings. To keep their fans happy while they wait for the album to be available, the band has produced a music video for the song "The Reap", which is now uploaded to YouTube for viewing. The video was produced by Einar Loftesnes and animated by Kim Holm.
Last month the band made the song "Way of the Serpent" available for streaming online at this location, while back in November the band first made the song "The Reap" ... [+]
Swedish Black Metal band Thyrfing will be releasing their next album, titled "De Ödeslösa", on the 1st of March through NoiseArt Records. The album will mark the band's seventh full length studio recording, and their first release in five years since their 2008 album, "Hels Vite".
The label has made the song "Veners Förfall" available for streaming online at their official Soundcloud profile:
Thyrfing's guitarist Patrik Lindgren commented on this particular song:
'Veners Förfall' is a track we're truly satisfied with and think it showcases the album in a great way. The song was actually written ... [+]
Underground U.S. Black Metal project Nattferd is due to release new material today in the form of an instrumental EP, which is titled "Journey Through a Path in the Woods". The EP will be released through Eternal Frost Records, which is run and owned by Nattferd's sole member, Joseph Green.
The track list for "Journey Through a Path in the Woods" is as follows:
Frigid Eternal Northern Winds Nocturnal Blood Nightfall Hymn of Winter
If you have any additional information regarding this release, please let us know. [+]
Iraqi Black Metal band Seeds of Iblis have been working hard over the last year, because not only are they due to be releasing their debut full length album "Anti Quran Rituals" on the 22nd of February, but they have also prepared a stand-alone EP titled "The Black Quran" which has been released today through Finnish label Hammer of Hate Records.
The EP features just one 20 minute track titled "The Black Quran", and it is exclusive to this release (meaning it will not appear on the band's upcoming full length). The EP also features a guest vocal performance by Daniel Wagner from German Death ... [+]
U.S. Black Metal band Woe are currently finishing work on their upcoming album, which is titled "Withdrawal", and scheduled to be released in Europe on the 22nd of April through Candlelight Records, with a North American release date set for the following day. This will mark the band's third full length, and a follow up to their 2010 album "Quietly, Undramatically".
One of the songs from the new album, "Carried by Waves to Remorseless Shores of Truth", has been made available for streaming online exclusively at Pitchfork.com.
Click here to listen to "Carried by Waves to Remorseless Shores of ... [+]
Norwegian Black Metal band Crest of Darkness are scheduled to release what will be their sixth full length album on the 25th of February. The upcoming album is titled "In the Presence of Death", and will be released through Italian label My Kingdom Music, who also handled the release of the band's previous two albums.
Leading up to the album's release, the song "From the Dead" has been made available for streaming online:
Three weeks ago, the band uploaded a trailer for the new album to their official YouTube channel:
The complete track list for the new album is as follows:
Intro In the ... [+]
Finnish Melodic Black / Death Metal band Catamenia have come a long way since they began in 1995, gradually becoming one of Finland's most popular extreme metal bands. Today they are scheduled to release a digital compilation album which is simply titled "The Best of Catamenia", featuring material spanning their entire career, including their nine full length albums.
The compilation has been released by German label Massacre Records, who have been the band's label since their very first release. The track list for the compilation is as follows:
Primeä Yö Cavalcade The Path that Lies Behind ... [+]
German Thrash legends Sodom played a key role in the early years of the Black Metal scene, influencing an endless array of bands with their distinctive brand of Teutonic Black / Thrash Metal in the early 80's together with fellow Germans Kreator and Destruction. Because of this, we think it's worth featuring them in our news section every so often, especially when a new Sodom album is on the horizon.
The album in question is titled "Epitome of Torture", and will mark the band's 14th full length since they began in 1981. No cover art or track listing is available yet, but the band has revealed ... [+]
French Industrial / Ambient Black Metal band Spektr have just released their latest full length album. The new album is titled "Cypher", and was released in Europe through Agonia Records on the 5th of February, with a North American release date set for the 19th of February. This marks the band's third album, and their first full length in 7 years, since the release of "Near Death Experience" in 2006.
The track list for "Cypher" is the following:
Hermetism Teratology The Singularity Solitude Antimatter Solve Et Coagula Cypher Decorporation Le Vitriol du Philosophe
Spektr - Cypher is ... [+]
Dutch Symphonic Black Metal band Carach Angren have recently produced a music video for the song "The Funerary Dirge of a Violinist", the fourth track from their most recent album "Where the Corpses Sink Forever", which was released back in May 2012.
The video has been uploaded to Season of Mist's official YouTube Channel:
All Carach Angren albums are available on Amazon.com. [+]
Buy Black Metal albums online
Whenever you buy albums through our site's links,
we receive a small percentage for every sale.
This helps us to stay online and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support!
- Changelog for update 0.25 (2)
- Changelog for update 0.24 (1)
- New Poll Regarding Mobile Usability (2)
- 50,000 Albums (8)
- Changelog for update 0.23 (5)
- Changelog for update 0.22 (2)
- Changelog for update 0.21 (1)
- We're back! (Not) (5)
- Results in for favourite Black Metal scene poll (3)
- Changelog for update 0.20 (1)
- Changelog for update 0.19 (3)
- Google Chrome Extension for BBMA Searches (1)
- Changelog for update 0.18 (0)
- Search Engine Issues (Fixed) (1)
- Changelog for update 0.17 (6)
- Changelog for update 0.16 (2)
- A couple of changes (20)
- Major update (10)
- BBMA to be featured on Dark Radio Brazil (4)
- Update (8)
- Update (3)
- Von's new full length album streaming online (2)
- Keep of Kalessin release music video (2)
- Sodom release album trailer (2)
- David Parland passes away (8)
- Another Woe song streaming online (0)
- New Monarque song online (0)
- New full length by A Transylvanian Funeral out now (0)
- New album by From the Vastland out now (0)
- Grá release new EP (1)
- Gorgoroth - Under the Sign of Hell (22)
- Puritas Virginum - Black Arts (1)
- Graveland - Following the Voice of Blood (1)
- Graveland - Will Stronger Than Death (4)
- Archierophant - Kingdom (1)
- Destruction - Thrash Anthems II (1)
- Thorns - Thorns (1)
- Ulver - ATGCLVLSSCAP (1)
- Aura Noir - Out to Die (2)
- Voidz - Satanic Storm (2)
- Project Astaroth - Demo I (1)
- Feigur - II: Desolation (1)
- ColdWorld - Melancholie² (2)
- ColdWorld - Autumn (2)
- Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky (9)
- New Poll Regarding Mobile Usability (2)
- Abruptum - Casus Luciferi (1)
- Agalloch - The Serpent & the Sphere (1)
- Shining - IV: The Eerie Cold (1)
- Shining - Lots of Girls Gonna Get Hurt (1)
- Shining - Redefining Darkness (2)
- Shining - 8 ½: Feberdrömmar i Vaket Tillstånd (2)
- Shining - IX: Everyone, Everything, Everywhere, Ends (1)
- Mysticum - In the Streams of Inferno (7)
- Nortt - Endeligt (1)
- Nortt - Ligfærd (1)
- Ultha - The Inextricable Wandering (1)
- Hellgoat (USA) - Anointed in Blood and Ash (1)
- Tiamat - Wildhoney (1)
- Tiamat - Clouds (1)
On This Day
Sign up to our newsletter
Get all the latest Black Metal news and updates delivered straight to your inbox. We send out the newsletter about once a month, and you can unsubscribe at any time.